Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event

How'd you like to hear the story of my first kiss? It's not very exciting, but it's filled with the kind of charm that only teenage awkwardness can produce. And it all started with the following song. I was at Lav, the party i mentioned in my last post, and Wolfmother came on. Now, being the awesomely cheesy and hopeless goofball that i was back then, I started rippin some major air guitar. Not, rollin on the floor doin full world championship shit, just some power strums and head bangs. Because let's face it, the intro to this song is killer for air guitaring.

Suddenly, out of the blue, some chick taps em on the shoulder and asks "Can you play that song?" So I threw her a goof ball grin and went "I fuckin wish." And I'm not quite sure how it happened, but we ended up dancing together.

Now she was a pretty lass. Which is saying a lot, because Jonno K once hooked up with 8 girls in one night at that party, so talent was pretty lacking. So I was pretty fuckin chuffed at just dancing with a pretty girl. Fuck it, I'll be honest, i was pretty fuckin chuffed dancing with a girl. The fact that she was pretty practically blew my head in. So when her friend suggested that we hook up, my naive little mind melted, and i somehow ended up turning her down. I'd like to say that i had some grand ideal of what my first kiss should have been like, but i was just fuckin scared of being a fuck up. Which ironically made me a fuck up. I'm like that. Way too often.

So anyway, I'd just turned down the advances of a pretty girl (although i didn't realise it at first), and for some reason she kept dancing with me. And then at one point, i remember thinking "She smells really nice" and completely without thinking, i did the single most intelligent thing I'd ever done in my life up to that point. I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. Which she followed up with a full on make out session. We split up after a time, just before the end of the night, and after it ended, i managed to get her number.

What followed was a complicated and confusing pair of relationships that had a pretty massive impact on my life over the next 2 years. I'm not sure if she just magically possessed traits i would later find attractive, or if she single handedly defined a large part of what is now my "type" of woman. All i know is that a large portion of the women I've been attracted to since have shared many of physical features or personality traits.


So there's the story. And i got so caught up in the telling that i nearly forgot the song. But i hope you enjoyed reading about one of the pivotal moments in my life. That's when i really started turning from a child into a young adult. Oh right, the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment