Thursday, August 05, 2010

The soul of existence...

I decided I'd start sharing my favourite music with people... Gives me something to talk about, and it's something very important to me. I'll try and keep it to mostly unknown tracks, and stick away from the overhyped pop music you can hear anywhere... So this weeks track is Waiting - Dash Berlin ft Emma Hewitson (Sean Tyas mix)

It has a long intro which is just a dance beat, so if you don't feel like listening to the whole song, you can skip to 1:20 and not miss anything much. Reasons i picked this song? It's an amazingly well constructed dance track, with a beautiful set of vocals over the top, that really add to the feel of the track. It builds up nicely, and finishes on a nice gentle note. My favourite moments in the song are definitely when she says "so far away" the first time, and her voice distorts (2:05ish) and from 3:20 onwards, when she sings the chorusy bit. Love it.

Anyway, give it a listen, tell me what you think aye? Comments are appreciated, but spam will be removed. (looks pointedly at "Trevor")

2 comments: